1 lb sweet potato, cut into ¾ inch cubes (about 1 cup)
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp cumin
12 oz kale or one bunch, stems removed and roughly chopped
1-2 cups cooked lentils
1 cup uncooked white rice
2 cups vegetable broth
salt, to taste
pepper, to taste
- Heat olive oil in a skillet and once simmering, add cubed sweet potatoes and cumin. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until sweet potato is visibly seared on the sides
- Toss in the kale and cook until kale is fully wilted. Next add in tomatoes (diced to the size of your liking) and mix it all together.
- Next add uncooked rice and vegetable broth into the mixture and stir. Add salt and pepper to your liking.
- Bring the vegetable broth to a boil and then cover the skillet and let the mixture simmer for 20-25 minutes so that the rice is nice and fluffy and there is not much broth left.
- Stir in the cooked lentils
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Hint: Stir the mixture a few times while it is simmering so that the rice does not stick to the skillet!