Cooking for one can be frustrating and time-consuming, but those of us at Greens to Grounds hope to make that a little easier with our weekly boxes. Our very own team member, Lara Phillips, used ingredients for her box to make a quick and easy Asian stir fry. Greens to Grounds provided the shishito peppers, zucchini, and carrots that made the stir fry fresh and delicious! See the recipe below and enjoy.
What you need:
- 1/2 zucchini
- 1 cup broccoli
- 3 full carrots
- 7 shishito peppers
- 1 stalk of leek
- 2 uncooked chicken breasts
3 tablespoons of garlic stir fry oil
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 5 oz of ramen wheat noodles
- Boil 3-4 cups of water of water. When you reach a rapid boiling point, put the noodles in. Cook for about 4 minutes, drain, and set aside.
- Cut the chicken breasts into small pieces and cook in a stovetop pan with 1 tablespoon of garlic stir fry oil, or however you much works for you. This should take ~5 minutes on a high setting – when done, set the chicken aside.
- Chop the leek, zucchini, shishito peppers, and broccoli into smaller pieces. Shred the carrot using a cheese grater or chop as well.
- Pan fry all the chopped/shredded vegetables on the stovetop on medium heat with the remaining garlic stir fry oil for about 3-5 minutes. Add the cooked chicken pieces, as well as the soy sauce for extra flavor. Serve over noodles.